Wednesday, May 14, 2008

And now, from our reporter in the field

Yikes, I haven't blogged lately. And the only entries I've written in my journals are where I complain about not journaling. The San Antonio library keeps sending me reminders that the books I have are coming due, and I haven't even started them.


Transitions--even ones that you're enjoying--are difficult.


But, having said all that, I have to tell you that I'm really liking what I'm getting to do at Buckner. As a partner with and extension of local churches, Buckner is making a difference in the lives of orphans and children at risk around the world. And it's not like we're going to run out of those opportunities anytime soon (although that would be nice).


One of the best things Buckner has done lately is Shoes for Orphan Souls (SOS). This is an amazing project that started with a shoe drive for Russian orphans several years ago. Now Buckner has sent 4 million pairs of shoes to orphans around the world and here in the US. Shoe drives are being done by churches, civic clubs, businesses, and all kinds of organizations. Some are small, collecting 10 or 20 or 50 pairs of shoes. Others are going after 2,000 or more! Great stuff. Check it out at http://www.shoesfororphansouls.org/.


In the meantime, be patient with my blogging, as I figure this whole commuting thing to Dallas. And pray our house sells!

No comments: