Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy New Year!

It's a good thing I don't make New Year's resolutions. If I did, I'm sure one of them would have involved blogging more often. And now it's already January 10th, and I haven't blogged at all.

I'm really not blogging today, I guess. Just randomly throwing some thoughts out on paper, er, screen as the case may be.

I'm amazed at the connectivity of Facebook. I continue to find and be found by friends that I haven't seen in years.

I remember someone once telling me not to say anything I would be embarrassed for my mom to hear. Now Mom is reading my blog and commenting. Should I be scared? (Welcome, Mom! Just don't slap me if I cuss in a blog or something...)

I am thinking about 2009, even if I don't make resolutions. I'm thinking about Paul telling us we're ambassadors of Jesus. Like, we represent him in our circle of relationships. And I'm thinking that's a pretty big deal. If I was Jesus I wouldn't have chosen me to represent him. Sometimes I think my family and friends worry about me representing them. But choose me he did, to be his ambassador.

And that's probably worth some resolutions. If I made resolutions.

4 comments:

The Christ Stumbler said...

Look at your pretty new layout. That's nice. Matches your pearl so much better than the old one.

Keep being sand. That's what makes you so valuable.

Arnie Adkison said...

You crack me up! I was planning on saying something in my next blog about changes being more than just cosmetic. Let's hope that's the case.

Anonymous said...

Okay so try not to cuss. I must say I don't hear you do that. You're too good a person for that. Certainly didn't grow up with it. And yes, I read your blog and enjoy it very much. I am amazed at how the Facebook lets you hear from people. I haven't figured it all out yet, but do enjoy it. Be careful out there in the world. I was wondering when you'd add to the blog. Glad you did. Love ya,Mom

Vicki Adkison said...

Just trying to figure out this problem of getting my name on my comments. sorry about using your blog for it.