Sunday, April 13, 2008

Moving to the Metroplex

I'm about to get a huge taste of John the Baptist, camel hair wearing, locust eating prophet style ostracism. As I said in the last post, I pretty much can't stand the Cowboys and the Mavericks.

And I'm moving to Dallas.

Recently I accepted the position of Director of Church Relations for Buckner Children and Family services, the largest Baptist social ministry in the world. I'm excited about the job--in many ways it will be strategically creating a whole new process for Buckner to relate to the more than 9,000 churches in their database. But moving always has its challenges, and this is moving to Dallas. I would love for you to pray for my family and me. I hope in the next couple of days to write a few things about my time at Baptist University of the Americas and where I believe God is taking them in the coming months and years.

I can't wait to wear my Manu Ginobili jersey to work...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get away from surfing blogs for 3 weeks and BOOM you're moving to Dallas! Best of luck and hopefully you can get the Cowboys/Mavericks fan in line.
God bless, you'll be missed!
David H

Arnie Adkison said...

Thanks, David!